Toolmaker / Diemaker
Are you a Toolmaker/Diemaker with experience in setting up and operating machine tools to fabricate die details as well as fit and assemble details and purchased components for the building of new dies? Do you enjoy applying knowledge of tool and die design, die construction, shop mathematics, and metal properties? If so, this may be the opportunity for you!
Overton Industries, a value-added family-owned manufacturing company located in Mooresville, Indiana is seeking Toolmakers/Diemakers. These are first shift roles.
Successful candidates will earn approximately $25-$29 per hour depending on experience.
The Toolmaker/Diemaker will:
- Review specifications, drawings, strip layouts, bills-of-materials and die designs that are generated by engineering to facilitate the building of blank dies, form dies, progressive dies, lamination dies, line dies, transfer dies, and/or other types of dies.
- Compute dimensions, plan layout, and determine assembly method and sequence of operations.
- Measure, mark, and scribe metal stock for machining.
- Set up and operate machine tools to fabricate die details as well as fit and assemble details and purchased components for the building of new dies and repair of metalworking dies, cutting tools, jigs, fixtures, gauges, and machinist hand tools.
- Smooth flat and contoured surfaces using scrapers, abrasive stones and power grinders.
- Fit and assemble parts together and into assemblies and mechanisms using hand tools.
- Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances using measuring instruments, such as dial indicators, gage blocks, thickness gages, and micrometers.
- Troubleshoot problem dies and correct dies and/or other tooling in order to produce parts to customer specifications.
Toolmaker/Diemaker candidates have:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in tool and die design, die construction, shop mathematics, and metal properties.
- Knowledge of precision machining, fabrication, and assembly procedures.
- High level of mechanical aptitude.
An Equal Opportunity Employer