Sales & Applications Engineer
This person should provide excellent sales and engineering services, be a technical liaison and source of support to evaluate and qualify new project opportunities, maintain close customer contact and support, and increase new and existing business opportunities. This position will report to the Sales Manager and Division Manager.
- Requires a combination of sales and engineering activities.
- Strong prospecting skills. Seek out new customers using a combination of: telemarketing, tradeshows, personal visits, and video conferencing. Use of CRM.
- Manage complex, technical transactions over a long sales cycle.
- Technical support of customer to evaluate and promote engineered solutions. Value-added, consultative selling.
- Liaison with internal engineering/management staff to ensure application and commercial requirements.
- Present quotations, obtain purchase orders and contracts, and conduct market research.
- Maintain close contact with customers at all levels.
- Resolve engineering related problems or changes with customers.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering related field or at least 10 years work experience in related field.
- Experience in manufacturing or technical sales with the ability to manage complex transactions over a long sales cycle.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills. Knowledge of Microsoft Office. Use of CRM software.
- Participate in tradeshows.
- Detail oriented.
- Manufacturing automation experience a plus.
- Willing to travel 30%. International travel to Mexico and Canada a possibility.