Purchasing Agent will purchase goods and services for the company in an efficient and economical manner following established policies and procedures in processing purchase orders.
- Verifies nomenclature and specifications of purchase requests.
- Consult catalogs and interviews suppliers to obtain prices and specifications.
- Writes or types purchase order and forwards copy to supplier, if required.
- Compiles records of items purchased, prices, and deliveries.
- Confers with suppliers concerning late deliveries.
- Seeks competitive pricing. Compares prices, specifications, and delivery dates.
- Verifies bills from suppliers with bids and purchase orders and approves bills for payment.
- Issues supplier corrective actions.
- Maintains approved supplier master list.
- Associates Degree with 5 years minimum experience preferred.
- 5 years on the job experience is a must.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Strong communication and PC skills.