This position will report to the Division Manager
- Salesperson will coordinate kick-off meetings of new projects with Project Manager, at which time the Project Manager will run with the project to completion.
- Project Manager will learn and incorporate customer technical requirements of the project (safety, ergonomics, and other customer standards).
- Communicates with customer during all phases of the project, and will keep the customer informed at all times with any issues or concerns regarding the project.
- Sets up and executes design reviews, approvals, technical questions, material, and runoff needs.
- Communicates any manufacturing issues or problems to the Overton team.
- Works with the customer on all phases of the design plan.
- Coordinates with the design engineer customer’s concepts for tool and/or machine applications.
- Sets up a meeting with the customer before the job is released to the shop floor to confirm all design requirements are met and to get customer’s approval to start the design process.
- Generates a Gantt chart that will show project start date through completion and sends customer weekly updates.
- Works with the operation’s manager and engineering manager to determine and manage key build requirements and dates to meet timelines.
- Tracks all changes from the initial design and contact the customer with any issues during the manufacture and build.
- Communicates any commercial issues or changes with sales.
- Manages all internal and external run-offs and acceptance exercises, including SPC.
- Acquires all machines and tooling sign-offs from the customer when the project reaches completion.
- Oversees shipping requirements for the customer from our facility to the final destination.
- Works with the operation’s manager and engineering manager to oversee job costs, and complete jobs on or below budget.
- Some overnight travel may be required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Engineering degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Knowledge of AutoCad and SolidWorks operating software a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Project and Office.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Experience in tubing related applications.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in related industry.