Mechanical Design Engineer
Are you innovative and driven? Are you ready to be a part of a team that trusts its employees to make critical decisions? Overton Industries is the place for you!
For over 50 years, the Overton Industries family has been building relationships and projects that last. We’re pioneers in the design and build of tools, dies, and tube forming machines, serving a variety of industries, from automotive to aerospace. We build quality products and seek quality people who are dedicated to doing their best and making the world better. Currently seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our family!
- Evaluates and interprets drawings and specifications to develop solutions for tube forming applications
- Assists with estimating and developing cost targets for tooling and machine designs
- Creates conceptual tooling or machine designs for tube forming and material handling applications.
- Prepares complete and detailed 3D models of tubing form tools, dies, and machines
- Responsible for creating detailed component drawings, assembly drawings, and process drawings.
- Creates bills of materials for product designs.
- Identifies and sources various materials, components, and assemblies as required for tooling and equipment designs.
- Utilizes hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, or electro-mechanical devices in tooling and machine designs
- Assists in the development of manufacturing processes for fabricating, building and assembling tooling and machines
- Performs quality assurance by designing testing methods, testing finished product, confirming fabrication, assembly and installation processes
- Prepares product and process documentation , i.e. process prints, setup sheets, fabrication prints, operations manuals, dimensional reports, etc
- Addresses questions and concerns from shop personnel or other staff
- Complies with government regulations and industry guidelines
- Train technicians on operation of new tooling and machine operations
- Participates in continuing education opportunities within the industry
The expertise you’ll need to succeed:
- Proficient in SolidWorks or other 3D modeling software
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with various Microsoft software applications
- 3+ years on the job experience as tool designer/machine designer preferred
- Experience in metal forming, tube forming, and/or metal fabrication preferred
Overton Industries offers comprehensive benefits:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Matching Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- PTO & Holidays
Job Type: Full-Time
Compensation: $24 – $48 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate: Franklin, IN 46131 – Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work is required.
Overton Industries is an equal opportunity employer.