Installs, maintains, and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structure, and pipe & electrical systems in industrial establishment following specifications, blueprints, manuals, and schematic drawings while using hand tools, power tools, hoist, crane, and measuring & testing instruments.
- Must demonstrate a strong electrical background.
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment using electrical and electronic test equipment.
- Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts, following specifications and blueprints, using precision measuring instruments and hand tools.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Lays out, or assembles, installs and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- (May) Repair and maintain physical structure of establishment.
- (May) Install machinery and equipment according to blueprints and other specifications.
- (May) Fabricate and repair counters, benches, partitions, and other structures.
- Between 1 to 3 years of work experience, trade school, or vocational education required.