Receives work assignment from group leader and performs grinding operations for detailed work. Must be able to read and understand blue prints and be proficient in the use of precision measuring equipment.
- Receives work assignment from group leader and performs grinding operations for detailed work.
- Be able to read blue prints and use precision measuring equipment.
- Can mount wheel on spindle and dress wheel to specifications using dressing device.
- Able to set specified grinding speeds and feed rates.
- Verify dimensions of work piece during cycle using precision measuring equipment.
- Capable of changing out worn grinding wheels.
- Performs extremely close tolerance grinding operations on various sizes.
- Maintain clean and orderly work area and performs all assignments in a safe manner in accordance with established quality procedures.
- Precision grinding.
- Work within tight tolerances.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Ability to read and interpret prints.
- Must know GD&T
- Excellent math skills
- Attention to detail
- Commitment to company core values
- Ability to use micrometers and gauges
- High School diploma or certificate of equivalency
- 1 to 2 years prior machining experience