Electrical Panel Build Technician
This person is responsible for laying out, building, and wiring electrical control panels. In addition, this person will field wire electrical and pneumatic systems on automated machines. This position will report directly to the Operations Manager.
- Build electrical control panels for automated machines.
- Wire electrical components and systems on automated machines.
- Connect and plumb pneumatic components.
- Use computer to make labels for organization of electrical systems.
- Manage electrical wiring projects and priorities with assistance from Engineering.
- Markup electrical schematics with corrections.
- The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as general guidelines for this position. Technicians may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities.
- 1 year building control panels or wiring of controls equipment.
- Ability to read electrical schematics.
- Operational knowledge of a control relay and pneumatic solenoid.
- Wire 480V 3 phase motors, transformers and control systems.
- Working knowledge of appropriate wire sizes and acceptable electrical standards.
- Experience in use of various power tools and techniques (i.e. hand drill, tapping, jigsaw, hydraulic punch, band saw, etc.)
- Knowledgeable in using a computer.
- Two year technical degree in Industrial Electrician work, Manufacturing Technology, or equivalent experience.