CNC Machine Operator - Mooresville
We are looking for a competent CNC Operator to use computer numerically controlled (CNC) machinery safely and accurately to perform a variety of functions. Your job is important since some materials are not easy to shape or handle manually or with conventional equipment. CNC Operators are highly skilled professionals, able to work with great concentration and precision. They must be responsible and comply with all safety guidelines. A keen eye for detail and great mechanical aptitude are also essential. The goal is to produce high quality parts and materials by programming machines to perform the right operations. Knowledge of Haas, Fanuc controls is a plus.
- Set up, operate CNC Mill/Lathes to perform job tasks given out to the operator.
- Understand specifications of the task at hand and the desired result by reading blueprints, mechanical drawings, etc.
- Translate instructions into computer commands so the machines can perform the correct function.
- Prepare and load raw materials and parts into the machines.
- Prepare a test run to check if the machines produce outputs according to the specifications.
- Supervise the machines while they execute the tasks and make any necessary adjustments to produce the best result.
- Inspect and measure finished products and compare them with requirements to determine if the process has been completed properly.
- Check and maintain machinery daily to ensure functionality.
- Proven experience as CNC Operator.
- Computer savvy with basic understanding of computer programming and CAD/CAM.
- Key eye for detail and results-driven approach.
- Good communication abilities.
- High School diploma or equivalent; a certificate or A.S. Degree in Tool & Die, Machining Trades Industry.
- Successfully completed apprenticeship is a plus.
- Mathematics – to perform precise calculations, which requires a working knowledge of trigonometry, geometry, and basic math.
- Problem Solving – to perform frequent inspections and troubleshoot machines and parts.
- Physical Skills – must be able to lift up to 50 pounds of equipment, stand and walk for long hours at a time, and bend and squat to operate and maintain machines.
- Design comprehension – able to read and interpret blueprints, and other design plans.
- Multi-tasking – able to perform many duties simultaneously.
- Must have own hand tools to perform expected job duties.
- 3-5 years of experience is preferred.