Assistant Design Engineering Manager - Machine and Tooling Design
We are seeking a highly skilled and motived Assistant Design Engineering Manager specializing in Machine and Tooling Design to join our dynamic team. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in supporting the Engineering Manager in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of cutting-edge machines and tooling systems. This position requires a strong technical background, leadership skills, and the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Team Leadership:
- Assist in leading and managing a team of engineers and designers focused on machine and tooling design.
- Foster a collaborative and innovative work environment, ensuring the team meets project deadlines and objectives.
- Project Management:
- Work closely with the Engineering Manager to plan, execute, and monitor machine and tooling design projects.
- Ensure projects are completed within scope, on time, and within budget.
- Mechanical Design:
- Create 3D models, detailed prints, and Bills of Material for custom machines and tooling systems.
- With the assistance of Engineering manager and qualified vendors, designers will select motion systems, materials, and components that will be purchased and used in the final assembly of machines.
- Cost Estimation
- Develop detailed cost estimates that will be used to create quotes that are presented to the end customer.
- Regularly review costs of current jobs and recently finished jobs to ensure that costs are in line with expectations.
- Technical Expertise:
- Provide technical guidance and expertise in the design and development of machines and tooling systems.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to solve complex design challenges and optimize existing systems.
- Quality Assurance:
- Implement and maintain rigorous quality control measures throughout the design and development process.
- Conduct regular design reviews to ensure compliance with industry standards and project requirements.
- Training and Development:
- Identify skill gaps within the team and develop training programs to enhance technical capabilities.
- Mentor and guide junior engineers, fostering their professional growth within the organization.
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of detailed design documentation, including specifications, drawings, and test plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Proven experience in machine and tooling design, with a minimum of 5 years in a leadership or managerial role.
- Strong proficiency in CAD software (Solidworks preferred) and other relevant engineering tools.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing processes and materials.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with industry standards and regulations.
Overton Industries offers comprehensive benefits:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Matching Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- PTO & Holidays
Job Type: Full-Time
Compensation: From $35/hour
Ability to commute/relocate: Franklin, IN 46131 – Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work is required.
Overton Industries is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are a dynamic leader with a passion for innovation in machine and tooling design, we invite you to apply and contribute to the growth and success of our engineering team.