Operations Manager/General Foreman
- Directs and coordinates, through subordinate supervisory personnel, activities concerned with production of company products, utilizing knowledge of product technology, production methods and procedures, and capabilities of machines and equipment.
- Plans and directs production activities and establishes production priorities for products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors.
- Coordinates production activities with procurement, maintenance, and quality activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and operating or production problems.
- Develop and implement operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality.
- Revise production schedules and priorities as a result of equipment failure or operating problems.
- With department manager, conducts probationary and annual performance profile on each division floor employee and recommends performance increases, retraining, transfer, or termination.
- Recruit, interview, and select employees to fill vacant positions. May terminate employment and conduct exit interviews.
- With the department job instructor and safety committee member, conducts orientation of new hires
- Applies company employee relations policies in all dealing with employees.
- Strong personal leadership and communications abilities. In-company job experience as above average tool maker…
- Junior college training in mechanical technology or equivalent manufacturing industry experience.